Estate clean-up is not a happy thing. You may be selling the estate because someone passed away; you are downsizing your space because of a financial burden or because of an event in your life. A clean-up could also be because of an eviction.
Whatever be it, estate clean-up is a stressful thing to deal with. There is no better way to save yourself from this hassle but to hire the Estate Cleanout Companies New Jersey. It makes life easy and streamlines the clean-up process.
Tips on how to proceed with an estate cleanup
If you have been handling the job of cleaning up the estate of a loved one then have no second thoughts about hiring a New Jersey Junk Removal company. However, before you start with the process here are a few pointers to consider?
- Before the NJ Junk Removal Company starts the clean-up process, find all the financial documents, and set it aside. It could include the trust, will, life insurance policies and statements, deeds and titles of the real estate, the recent statement of the bank, stock certificates, tax receipts, and many more.
- Look attentively at each place of the house. People tend to stash their things in highly unlikely places. They may have forgotten keeping something valuable in their trouser pocket or in the drawer of their work desk. Take out time and go through everything. Look at containers, pockets, high shelves, and everywhere else.
- Sit with the other family members and work out a plan. You may look to share items with the other family members. The family members can look at the stuff and then make a list of things that they would like to keep for themselves from the estate. In case of a conflict between the members, it always pays to take legal help or call a mediator.
- You may want to keep the memorabilia and photos. These things could be junk for the outsiders, but these are irreplaceable for the family members. These could be albums, scrapbooks, and other mementos that you would want to preserve.
- Recycle and donate stuff. You could sit with the team of the junk removal company and understand the resale value of the estate items. Old clothing is purchased by consignment shops. You may wish to donate some of the items. Junk disposal companies would also figure out which items can be recycled.
- The junk removal company can also arrange for an estate appraiser. If the estate comprises of jewelry, furniture, and antique then it is worthwhile to make use of this additional service. The professionals will give an estimate for each of the items. However, keep in mind that the appraisal service will cost you money.
Estate cleanup is no cakewalk. It is overwhelming and taxing emotionally and physically. Some of the tasks are lengthy and monotonous. Then there are also many physically exhausting tasks. A junk removal company will haul debris and items. It is something best left to the professionals.
Hire a junk removal company today and save yourself from the additional cost
Every day that you hold on to the estate clean-up work, you are adding to your costs. The mortgage, repairs, and taxes could be an unplanned expense.
Family members may think to rent out storage until they can take out time for estate clean-up. However, this only adds to additional rent. If you plan to do the clean-up, then do not forget to factor in your time. Taking over the dedicated task of estate clean up cannot be completed in a rush. You may also have to take off time from your work. All this makes it highly beneficial to hire a reputed junk cleaning service provider for an estate clean-up.